Monday 21 June 2010

Hello from Jayne!



Well, like Martyn, I was completely surprised when I had the phone call from Mark to say that I had won the competition to be part of the runfurther team. Surprise soon turned to excitement about being part of such an elite team, but also a bit of nervousness about whether I would be good enough, and not wanting to let the team down. I have therefore been training hard over the last few weeks. I have done several long runs on the coast path between St Ives, Land's End and Penzance. Some of the terrain here is quite tough so I thought it would be good preparation for what is to come!


I have also just spent a week camping in Wales, and got the chance to run around and up Pumlumon. It was a beautiful area, and so quiet with not a soul in sight most of the time. I also saw the Red Kites coming into feed, and it was incredible seeing so many of them, and to think they were almost extinct.
I have one last long run now to do before Osmotherly. I am looking forward to the race, and to meeting the other members of the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment