Friday 18 June 2010

Last minute training

Ran the South Downs marathon last weekend as a practice for Osmotherley on the 3rd July. It was my first trail marathon and a really uplifting experience - who knew the countryside was so beautiful?! The hills did get a little bit monotonous by the end but I consoled myself by putting into practice all the ultra advice I've had about walking parts of the course...


Overall I'm pleased with how the body's holding up having been fairly relentless this year, whether it's still in one piece come the end of October may be a different story. This week I've only done one run of 9 miles into work and felt pretty good. Going to run along the Sandstone Trail near where I live in Cheshire tomorrow for 20 miles which poses it's own particular bovine challenges as I found out the other week.


Will then put in around 70 miles next week before easing off for the race. Admittedly I find it difficult to judge just how much I should be training, especially with 4 ultras in 4 months coming up. When something breaks it'll be a result of either too much or not enough I guess!

1 comment:

  1. If you feel like it is going well - carry on and if it all hurts start walking and have a few days on the couch - that works for me! Don't over train as you need to work up to these miles - and you know you can walk faster than being too tired to carry on!!! Sounds like it is all going well so far... Keep running further

    ReplyDelete