Tuesday 9 November 2010

Round Rotherham 50

Well, this was the last race of the series, and for me, a great end to a great year! I was slightly apprehensive about this race due to the different reports I had read/heard beforehand. However, I have to say that I enjoyed the course mostly and it was certainly a change from the previous races, being mostly flat. I ended up running the last 20 miles of the course with a local girl, Claire, and we finished together in 8 hours 20 minutes which I was delighted with, and joint second place. It was a real help running with someone who knew the course, particularly as my map had disintegrated in the rain...so I am very thankful to her. Kate did brilliantly and got a new course record.
I had to miss the Runfurther party and prize giving but I was so pleased to find that our Ladies Team had got first prize in the UK ultra running championship, and so had the Men. What a fabulous result!
And I have to echo the sentiments of Martyn too, and say thank-you to the Runfurther team for all their support and help, and for making this such a special year for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment